It’s that time of month again — time for another goals post. I don’t know about you but I felt like February flew by! Suddenly, the weather is getting warmer with spring and summer on the horizon. If I were to put a theme to my goals, they would be around this notion of “spring cleaning” and a “fresh start”. This month is also the start of Orthodox Lent, which lasts from March 2 through April 19, Orthodox Easter. So a number of my goals focus on Lents as well.
I’m still working in my Powersheets as my goal setting system (more on my thoughts on it later). If you aren’t familiar, each month, the Powersheets has what it calls a “Tending List”, dividing your action items by month, week, and day. So, without further ado, here’s a look into some of my goals for March.
Monthly Action Items
- Take a class on Lynda. As part of my learning and development goal for the year, I want to take some self-paced classes on some topics I’m passionate about. So this month, I at least want to start a class through Lynda. I’m thinking on typography.
- Plan my Maine trip for the summer. One of my good friends and I are planning a trip to Maine over the Fourth of July, so this month, we need to nail down dates, get airfare, Airbnb, etc.
- Go to an AMA networking event. Networking is my professional Achilles heel. The American Marketing Association, a professional association that I’m a part of, usually hosts monthly mixers. I’ve never gone because I’ve been too intimidated, but this month, I’m going to do my very best to go and mingle.
- Take myself on a solo date. I did this in Chicago and LOVED it. I want to keep it up and find an event in Denver to take myself to.
- Declutter my closet and take my donations to Goodwill. My spring wardrobe is in dire need of an upgrade, which means it’s time to clean out my closet, getting rid of anything I don’t feel confident in for something that does.
- Replace old household items. I started this process last month with getting new pans. I want to keep it up and replace a few other items in my home.
- Host one dinner at home. So far, I’ve been doing this for the last few months and it’s been great! I want to keep it going this month.
- Do a deep clean of my apartment. With spring around the corner, it’s time to do a deep clean of my apartment, something I don’t do very often but thought it would be good to do this month.
Weekly Action Items
- Attend church. With Lent, I really want to go to church at least once a week. Fortunately there are more than just Sunday services, so I am going to try to make it a point to go to one during the week.
- Gratitude. I use an Erin Condren Deluxe Monthly Planner to do my memory keeping, so in the monthly view, I write one thing I was grateful for each day. Oftentimes, I don’t keep track of it so this month I want to do a better job of recording what I’m thankful for each day.
- Workout. I’ve been doing a good job of working out at least twice a week. This month, I want to try to take it up to three times and be consistent.
- Friend time. I want to make time either see my friends in person or talk to them at least once per week to help maintain my relationship with them.
- Meal plan/prep. I’ve been doing a great job of this, devoting time on Sunday to do it. I just want to keep it up for this month.
- Tidy up. For me, a clean home is a happy home, so I’ve made it a goal to tidy my place in preparation for the week ahead.
- Passion projects. I want to make sure I have time each week to work on my blog, my podcast, and any other projects I want to get done.
- Stretch. With spinning more, I need to make sure I’m stretching more to keep my muscles nice and loose so I recover a lot faster, so it made my daily to do list.
- Journal. I do this on average of once a week now, but want to incorporate consistent morning pages as a part of my morning routine.
- Read for 30 minutes. Reading is an essential part of my evening routine, so I want to make sure I make time for it each night.
Those are my goals for March. What are your goals for this month?